Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bitter pill

C G Em F

She says that mine
is not to wonder why
But do or just die quietly
Well that ain't quite my style.

So I do what I can
to serve her needs
But I try not to lose my nerve
Or forget to stand up for me

Am D

I help her from the hospital bed
Over to her potty chair
Steady her while she tells me
how she wish't I wasn't there.

C G Am

I got her medication straight
But she seems to be sneaking
...a bitter pill

Get better soon mama
I can't take a whole lot more
Its wearing me down, sorting the stacks 
and making paths through every floor

Get better soon mama 
so I can shed this thicker skin
So the insults while I care for you
Can't find a way to slip in

The bible says honor your mother 
that I am sure of... And I'm
glad because duty and honor is a
whole lot easier than love.

I got her medication straight
But she seems to be sneaking
a bitter pill
She seems to be sneaking
a bitter pill

No comments:

Post a Comment