Wednesday, April 9, 2014

When you fell

You scored some points
for consistency
the lies you told yourself
were the same ones you told me

Now you're asking me to trust
the words upon your tongue
but it doesn't come as easy
as it did when I was young

Maybe it's her age,
that young and pretty, skinny stage
The one in the photo in your email
you tried to delete, but failed

I had you high up on that pedestal
and it hurt me when you fell

One home, one bed
one life to lead
I'm pretty sure that is just what
you and I agreed

when the words I do
were on your tongue
but it seemed a whole lot easier
when we were young

And I have nowhere else to go
cuz that's how marriage is, you know
I had you high up on that pedestal
and it hurt me when you fell

I hope you're done
with your lying
I'm not sure I could take
much more crying

It's time up you give up
that romance
and give our love
another chance

We've been together
since god knows when
and it's hard to tell where you end
and where I begin

I had you high up on that pedestal
and it hurt me when you fell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJACzijzN0

No comments:

Post a Comment