Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hello baby

You called me on the phone today
to see if I'd be home
I didn't know just what to say
My time was not my own

I gave what seems like most my life
to make that daily bread
but now that twilight's growing near
I wish that I had said

"Hello baby
I miss you too
I'll be home in just a bit
and tomorrow I'll lie next to you"

I don't know why I stay here still
it's not like we are poor
You earn enough for both of us
no wolves are at our door

You deserve the best of me
not merely what is left of me
and you're my first priority
so babe I'm coming home

Hello baby
I miss you too
I'll be home in just a bit
and tomorrow I'll lie next to you

So call me on the phone today
to see when I'll be home
and I will know just what to say
"Babe, I'm already home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znHl7Nb8xwE

No comments:

Post a Comment