Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Namaste

Is it too much to ask for
To know and be known
Or is it just our destiny
To be born and to die alone

Six billion people running
This tiring human race
So few who seem to want
The respite of warm embrace

Slow down. Stop. Rest a while
Tell me who you really are
The finish line won't move a bit
Its not a shooting star

If anything the star is you
Moving quickly, burning bright
Its strange how you can fail to see
By the glow of your own light.

But perhaps instead I'll share my light
So you can see your way
And I can use the light you lend
To get me through til day

Is it too much to ask for
To know and be known
Perhaps it is better
To show and be shown

The light that's within us
No matter how pale
The light that's within us
Which never will fail

No comments:

Post a Comment